"What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?" -Vincent Van Gough

Monday, January 22, 2007

my new year's resolution

I started this blog in an attempt to get myself to be creative. I didn't do so well last year but this is a new year and i have actually been doing pretty good. I just haven't blogged about it yet.

My goal is to get an online business up and running this year to sell things that I make. So I came up with a stategy. First, I will do all the mending and projects I have let build up over the years. This will help me get my sewing skills back. Then, I will start making things for my shop. I've already finished alot of my mending. It's almost like Christmas. My husband and I are wearing clothes we haven't been able to wear for the past two years.

I also discovered something about myself. My sewing room started out in my closet and I had problems getting motivated to go sit in a small, poorly lit closet to work on projects. Then, I split our bedroom in half with our dressers and made one half of our bedroom my sewing room. I had more room but found that I didn't like sitting in my sewing room by myself. Finally, i split our living room in half. Now my sewing room is in our living room, I'm by a window with a good view, my husband's desk is next to mine, and we can watch tv or movies while working on projects. It is working very well so far! We have a small living room now, but i love working in my new sewing room!

No comments: