"What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?" -Vincent Van Gough

Monday, May 30, 2011

my very cheap version of a Chemex coffee brewer

It has been awhile since I have posted. I have been working on a label for my products. I have also been working on my new vintage shop Bone Jacked Vintage 

I recently read about the Chemex coffee brewer on a blog. It is a very simple way of brewing coffee. I set up a cheap version with a funnel, paper filter and a glass juice jar. After a few tries I successfully brewed great tasting coffee. Just heat the water to almost boiling. Use a fine grind for the coffee beans. Fold the end of the filter, otherwise the filter may rip at the end. Place the filter in the funnel, the coffee in the filter and pour the hot water over the coffee. It is important to completely cover all the coffee.
Once you get the hang of it, it is pretty easy. I think it taste much better than the coffee from my regular coffee pot.


                                                                                    Enjoy!

No comments: